The Advertising/Public Relations Network is chartered by the College of Communications Alumni Society and focuses on the networking of alumni and professionals in the fields of advertising, public relations, community relations and marketing. The group serves as a resource for the College of Communications with the Department of Advertising/Public Relations having input and final approval of all activities and programs of the APG.
- Provide support to the Department, College and University;
- Implement and maintain a mentoring relationship;
- Establish a regular program of seminars involving alumni guest speakers;
- Work with PRSSA and the Ad Club to establish communications and beneficial programs;
- Promote enhanced communication and provide a formal system for networking among alumni, businesses and students;
- Provide and enhance student internship and career opportunities;
- Establish opportunities for regular and ongoing student tours and visits at alumni businesses;
- Encourage the contribution of funds for academic scholarships and activities for students in the Adv/PR Program;
- Honor and award individuals for outstanding achievements through the APG.
- Professional Liaison
- Student Activities