Please fill out the form completely with all required fields before submitting.
Alumni Society Board -- Student Application Form
(To be completed by nominee or second party)
The Alumni Society of Penn State’s College of Communications is a volunteer advisory group that plans events, meetings and other support activities for the College, its students and alumni. It is free to join and no donations are required.
Board members are graduates of the College and its Penn State forebears.
- • The Board has two student members.
- • Students must be currently enrolled in the College of Communications at University Park and a sophomore or junior in good academic standing.
- • Terms are for two years, beginning with Fall Semester 2017 and ending with Spring Semester 2019.
- • The Board holds meetings twice a year on the University Park campus (typically over a two-day period). ATTENDANCE AT BOARD MEETINGS IS MANDATORY. The Board has several committees, which meet throughout the year via conference calls. Students serve on one or two committees.
Deadline to apply is Friday, April 28, 2017
- The Board’s Mission: http://comm.psu.edu/alumni/alumni-board
- The Board’s Bylaws: http://comm.psu.edu/alumni/alumni-board/board-bylaws
Biographies of the current Board members:
All interested students need to complete an application form. Selection will be made by the board’s nominating committee following in-person interviews with applicants.