Please note that jobs will expire one month after they've been posted.
Submit a Job Posting: Email Mike Poorman, email@example.com
Creative Services Manager
Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences
The Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences seeks a Creative Services Manager (Marketing Communications Specialist 5) to serve as the art director and lead designer for the College and Penn State Extension. The Manager oversees the Penn State and extension visual identities across all media, produces high-profile college marketing and recruitment materials, and supervises a team of design, editing, writing, and production staff. This position is responsible for the planning, leadership, design, production, and printing of high-quality, cost-effective publications and materials for stakeholders throughout Pennsylvania. The Manager is responsible for the leadership, planning, design, and production of more than 300 new and revised educational and marketing publications and materials annually.
This position works closely with vendors, the financial office, staff, faculty, specialists, and administration throughout the University, college, and extension to provide the highest quality and cost-effective materials possible. Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will possess an intimate understanding of design; experience with a variety of software, including, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.; demonstrated project management skills; excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills; a strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concept; comfort interacting with clients and internal staff alike; and strong persuasive skills. Applicants should be prepared to demonstrate expertise in design and brand management.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://psu.jobs/job/69787
Job posted March 16, 2017
Social Media Writer
The Economist (New York City)
THE ECONOMIST’s social-media team is seeking a junior writer to support the expansion of its work in its New York bureau. The social-media writer will support the deputy community editor, who is relocating from London to New York, to execute a one-year plan to extend the reach of The Economist’s journalism in America. This is a start-up opportunity for one year.
The successful candidate will work with colleagues across editorial and digital departments to expand the reach of our journalism. The successful applicant must be an innovative, unstoppable newshound who is excited about the opportunities of social media for a weekly newspaper that was first published more than 150 years before the first tweet. Experience as a journalist, perhaps for a college newspaper, or as someone with a record of telling stories online, will be helpful. This is a paid entry-level position reporting to the deputy community editor and the US news editor.
Social-media distribution for The Economist’s journalism
Creating and testing engaging format types for The Economist’s journalism on different social-media platforms
Working with journalists and editors to tell stories in social-media formats
Supporting the US news editor to publish and curate stories on economist.com
Desired skills and experience:
The ability to share online stories in an engaging way
Strong writing and proofreading skills
An understanding of social networks, especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LINE and Medium
An awareness of trends and emerging platforms in social media
Good communication, written and oral
Well organised and disciplined
Skills in Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator and After Effects are a plus
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and should be available to start in April or May 2017. The deadline for application is midnight ET on March 19. Applicants should send a CV, cover letter and an article of no more than 500 words suitable for publication on our Economist explains blog on any subject, plus 200 words on how they would share it on social media.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply
Job posted March 8, 2017
Part-Time News Reporter, Anchor
CBS Radio Pittsburgh
An experienced reporter/anchor needed for Pittsburgh’s top rated radio news station. Candidate
must possess a strong writing style, captivating delivery, and ability to work with award winning
news team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to on-air newscasts, conducting
interviews, covering news stories, operating audio equipment, writing news scripts
and interacting with social media.
A college education is preferred.
A valid driver’s license is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply
Please apply online at cbsradio.com/careers
Job posted March 6, 2017
News Anchor, Reporter
NEWSRADIO 610 WIOD (Miramar, Fla.)
NEWSRADIO 610 WIOD, South Florida's breaking news, traffic and severe weather information station, is looking for a full-time on-air and digital news anchor/reporter.
If you have the ability to write a solid newscast that incorporates great storytelling along with memorable audio both on-air and digitally too, then we want to hear from you. Bi-lingual candidates are preferred.
• Gathers and verifies factual information through interviews, observation and research.
• Monitors sources for breaking news, e.g., wires and social media.
• Plans, writes, edits, and voices news broadcasts.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content from producers and field reporters for newscasts.
• Identifies technical equipment and resource requirements for recording interviews and other audio material.
• May produce features and interviews as assigned.
• May specialize in a particular field of news broadcasting (e.g. political, traffic, finance or military).
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 3+ years’ experience in on-air journalism in smaller market or college station
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
• None required
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
How to Apply
Job posted March 1, 2017