Make a Gift
Gifts from alumni and friends to the College of Communications support the College and its students by making possible programming and scholarships. During the 2015-16 academic year, alumni and friends provided $1,018,355 -- a majority of which was directed to awards for communications students.
Emphasis areas for the College of Communications are:
- the Alumni Society Internship Fund, which supports students as they gain vital real-world experience;
- the General Scholarship fund, which helps support students with great need; and
- the Future Fund, which helps to attract top-notch students and reward students for excellence.
Scholarships Provide Opportunities for Success
Senior Rachael David talked about her scholarship during the Donor and Scholarhip Recognition Dinner in September 2015.
- Designations: Gifts may be designated to benefit a center or institute within the College or to create or contribute to an existing scholarship fund or program. In addition, undesignated gifts provide important support that benefits the College and its students. If your company provides a match for giving, the University's tax ID number is: 24-6000376
- Student Support Award: Designed to help students with extraordinary or unexpected needs, the College of Communications Student Support Award can help students who -- through no fault of their own -- face personal or financial curcumstances, such as a family member's job loss, illness or death that could prohibit them from completing their degree requirements at Penn State. This fund exists exclusively to help students with that type of one-time need.
For information about those options, please contact the Office of External Relations at 814-865-8801.
Questions About Gift Options
Page last updated: November 28, 2016