Multicultural Affairs Coordinator
Master's: Penn State University
Bachelor's: University of Colorado
In addition to planning all the cultural events in the College of Communications Office of Multicultural Affairs, Carmen Frost works closely with students, faculty, administrators and staff to help students reach their full potential.
Carmen uses a student-centered, strength-based approach with all our students.
Carmen is an important part of the diversity team that spearheaded new diversity initiatives, and that resulted in the College of Communications being honoured with the 2013 AEJMC's Equity & Diversity Award, a National award for achieving the gold standard in building a truly diverse, inclusive, and equitable learning environment.
On May 9, 2014, Carmen was honoured with the Rainbow Award for Outstanding Service, by the Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equity at Penn State. Carmen is a proud Ally and member of the LGBT Support Network at Penn State.
Carmen is a true world citizen. She has travelled extensively abroad, for her own cultural enrichment. She has travelled extensively to India, Nepal, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, France, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Spain, Scotland, England, and The Netherlands, to name a few. Born in Montevideo, she is a native of Uruguay.
Carmen is fluent in Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French and English. She is also certified in NonViolent Crisis Prevention (CPI certification).
Carmen is a member of the following organizations:
• Golden Key International Honour Society
• National Society of Collegiate Scholars
• American Counseling Association
• American College Counseling Association
• Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Academic & Professional Honor Society International
• Pi Lambda Theta International Honour Society
• National Career Development Association
• Counselors for Social Justice
• Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development
• Association for Creativity in Counseling
• Association for Humanistic Counseling
• Association for Spiritual, Ethical and Religious Values in Counseling
• Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Issues inCounseling
• National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
• United Nations Association
• Association of American University Women
• Forum on Black Affairs (Penn State University)
Prior to joining the College of Communications, Carmen was a TV Producer/Director, On-Air TV Host, Radio Producer/Director & On-Air Personality, and a professional photographer.
In the News
206 Carnegie Building
University Park, PA 16802